Thursday, April 26, 2012

Heavy sword of Expectations

A life sans expectations is quite an unbelievable scenario. As human beings, it becomes inevitable to want something or the other from life.

"Why are people not like the way I want them to be?"
"This job is not getting me that extra kick, I want it to give me that spunk."
"Why can't people just leave me alone"
"Wish he could change his attitude."
"His nature could be altered."
"Why are people so callous?"
"My business should give me 30% return by the end of 2013."
so on and so forth...

These are a handful of thoughts laced with expecting: situations, people and life to be like how we would want them to be. Truth being, people, situations and problems will never ever change; we would have to learn to adapt. To wear a cloak of insulation; insulation against getting affected by what people say, events that are beyond our control and anything that displaces sanity.

How does one follow these words? Tough, of course. As time passes, we would like to believe,  we shall too pass through what it offers and what it doesn't.

There is no foolproof guarantee for anything except death.
We do not want to die but are not keen on living either.

Life becomes what we maketh it to be.

I cannot pretend to recount all that he told me, but I gleaned from what he said that he was the genius who presided over the contretemps of mankind, and whose business it was to bring about the odd accidents which are continually astonishing the skeptic. - The Angel of the odd by Edgar Allan Poe
 

No comments: