Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Meaning in Meaningless activity!

It took a call with a couple of friends to reconnect with an anthroposophic exercise I had long forgotten.

Exercise

Do a simple act without purpose at a fixed time each day. The goal of this exercise is to act on your own initiative and direct your will.

So I decided to pull my ear lobe at 9:00 A.M. each day. The idea of pulling my ear lobe at 9:00 A.M. during online yoga sounded hilarious. But I had to act on my own initiative.

The class is halfway, I am in the middle of raising my legs (an asana) and wonder, Is it 9?

I turn my head towards the clock and have caught the long arm resting at roman twelve. There is my moment, with half a breath of a pause, I tug at the left ear lobe. Was I seen by anyone? 

Post the completion of the exercise, I am happy to have had made a commitment to myself and fulfil it. 

banda khud se kare wada

banda khud se bole pura kar apna wada

jab ho bande ka hausla buland

toh kyon na ho poora 

koi wada

  

No comments: