Monday, September 20, 2021

Vantage point

The vantage point I had chosen, wasn't just conscious, it was an act of conscience. I could see him soaking up the mixed hues of the sky. I took an aim right between his eyebrows. All I need is one clean shot. And he can bid adieu to his life, his life of conceit, deceit, and an irrevocable redemption lay on the other side for me. 

Why is this hesitation? Why are my fingers not able to get the clasp, the grip I want. 

you've been brought here to carry out your gift of destiny

The voice in his head reminded him, his clasp gets firm, his mind clearer but a shred of doubt.

Fuck it. I am going to kill him. 

And he takes the shot, piercing through the glaze of the pretentious landscape.


P.S. The prompt is below

#Day17Prompt

Today we have a picture prompt.

Prompt: The attached picture

Rules: Write 100 words (prose) or 15 lines (verse) on the picture.  You can describe the place, the mood, the emotion, the place from where such a view is afforded... your imagination is the limit!

No comments: