Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Turtle and their eyes

 There is always a long wait at Doctor's clinic. Now, one can twiddle their thumbs, or, watch the two turtles squashed against each other in a tub of water. These turtles have been kept there for people to not get impatient and watch the turtles.

Vivaan decides to do the latter. 

He notices that when their heads are retracted, their eyes look ahead, and when extended, their eyes look sideways. My interest is piqued at this observation and when I observe their eyes, they were sideways, not like human eyes. 

I began my research and found out that even though turtles have their eyes on the side of their heads, they are able to process optical information as if their eyes were facing forward. Fascinating!

With this new found information, we enter the clinic, after being summoned by the gentleman who keeps a record of the patients. Once inside, I played a game in my head, who has predator eyes, and who has turtle eyes. After a few minutes of scanning people's faces, I concluded, with an evil grin hidden by the face mask - Dr. M is the turtle amongst humans! 

I could see his head move like the turtle, seeing everyone in front of him, in side of him and even above him, nobody could escape his sight.

P.S. my ramblings continue...




No comments: